Yellow Card signs Nigerian artiste Psycho YP as brand ambassador
The cryptocurrency exchange is looking to tap into the growing African music audience for customer acquisition.
Pan-African cryptocurrency exchange Yellow Card Financial has partnered with Nigerian artiste Nicholas Ihua-Maduenyi, popularly known as Psycho YP, as its brand ambassador.
- Yellow Card’s West Africa’s Regional Marketing Manager, Rachael Akalia said:
“As we proceed into the new year, we will not rest on our oars but double down on ensuring crypto adoption by prospects and customers across the breadth and width of the continent.
“We see music as a special purpose vehicle with the potential to drive the message and acceptance of crypto for everyday use, helping the continent gain financial freedom and prosperity,” she added.
- Yellow Card stated that the partnership emphasizes its dedication to increasing the adoption of digital currencies in Nigeria and Africa.
- According to Yellow Card, the deal “will see Psycho YP rallying youths to embrace a new era of financial opportunity, putting to good use his fresh and youthful aura, which resonates with the youths on the continent and aligns with Yellow Card’s vision of a continent with borderless financial solutions driven by innovation.”
- This partnership comes four months after Yellow Card secured a $40 million Series B funding round, part of which the crypto company said it would direct toward driving business growth through strategic partnerships across the continent.
- According to Chris Maurice, CEO of Yellow Card, the company’s ultimate goal is to expand and enable crypto accessibility in all 54 African countries.
- Brand ambassador deals are becoming a trend in the African crypto industry. In December 2021, Binance, the leading crypto exchange by volume, announced a collaboration with three ex-participants of the reality show “Big Brother Naija” to drive crypto adoption in Africa.
- In March, Nigerian crypto exchange Quidax also unveiled renowned Nigerian music producer Michael Collins, popularly known as Don Jazzy as its brand ambassador.