Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey will speak at the Africa Bitcoin conference in December
The event is scheduled to hold in Accra, Ghana in December.
Twitter co-founder and former CEO Jack Dorsey will be a keynote speaker at the first Africa Bitcoin Conference (ABC), which will hold in Accra, Ghana between Dec. 5 and Dec. 7.
The event will see bitcoiners, developers, startup founders and enthusiasts across the continent and globally gather to discuss adoption and development in Africa.
- Jack Dorsey is only one of an extensive list of around 31 Bitcoin experts who will speak at the event, according to the event website.
- A few of the other notable speakers include Ray Youssef, the CEO of crypto exchange Paxful; Abubakar Nur Khalil, a Bitcoin core contributor and board member of ₿trust, a non-profit dedicated to the development of Bitcoin in Africa and India.
- Famous bitcoiner Bruce Fenton; CEO of bitcoin startup Bitnob Bernard Parah.
- The event will feature a hackathon, keynote speeches, presentations, workshops and exhibitions.
- The Africa Bitcoin Conference takes place at the Kempinski Hotel in Accra.
Jack Dorsey on crypto in Africa
- Dorsey has long been a believer that bitcoin will be an important part of Africa’s development. He visited a few African countries including Nigeria, Ghana and Ethiopia in 2019, after he tweeted: “Africa will define the future (especially the bitcoin one!).”
- In 2021, Dorsey and superstar Rapper Jay-Z created ₿trust and appointed four Africans (three Nigerians and one South Africans) to its board.
- Dorsey and Jay-Z committed an initial 500 bitcoin to the trust.